In an attempt to get into the Christmas spirit (after speaking about my lack of it here) I have spent the last two days listening to Christmas music. I used to avoid listening to it – simply because it reminds me of working in retail where we would have the Christmas CD on repeat from November until the new year #overkill but now I don’t work in retail I actually quite like popping on the Christmas tunes and having a little singalong!
And so I thought I’d share with you my Top Ten Christmas songs (mulled wine optional for listening to these):
1. The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl – Fairytale Of New York
2. Wham! – Last Christmas
3. Mariah Carey – All I want for Christmas is You
4. Bing Crosby – White Christmas
6. Dean Martin – Walking in a Winter Wonderland
7. Elvis – Blue Christmas
8. David Bowie and Bing Crosby – The Little Drummer Boy/ Peace on Earth
9. Bobby Helms – Jingle Bell Rock (couldn’t not have mean girls in there!)
10. Nat King Cole – Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Fairytale of New York is hands down my favourite Christmas song – how could you not love a song that features such choice lines as “You’re a bum, You’re a punk, You’re an old slut on junk”?? Also bonus entry for ‘Christmas in Harlem’ by Kanye West featuring Cam’ron, Jim Jones, Vado, Cyhi Da Prynce & Pusha T. It never fails to put a smile on my face!
What are your favourites?