The beautiful Lauren at Dilan and Me sent me a message asking if I would like to join in with the new weekly linky that her and Jodie from Dear Little Daisy have started. The idea is that each week you spend some time appreciating all the little things during the week that have made you smile and I love it. I’m guilty of rushing through life without making the most of those little moments, but really it is those moments that keep us going and which we will one day look back on and wish we had taken the time to appreciate. And so here are the little things that made me smile this week…
- Scott, Lily and I took a (very!) wet morning walk all around our little area of London – we got takeaway coffee *and a babychino* and chocolate brownies and splashed our way through puddles whilst enjoying each other’s company
- Last night we curled up on the sofa together, all squished in, and watched Kubo and the two strings – I cried the entire way through and Lily kept stroking my head and telling me ‘it’s ok mummy, I promise it will be a happy ending’
- I’m going back to Scotland *A LOT!* over the next couple of weeks – yes it’s a little stressful trying to organise it and i’m not going simply to have fun but I get to be in my favourite city, spend Burn’s Night in Glasgow and see my family and friends so there’s a silver lining with everything.
- I had my smear test. Yes i’m sure you’re thinking WTF?! Why are you happy about that? Well whilst it’s a momentarily uncomfortable experience I am truly grateful that we live in a country where we can get that basic service for free – yes I think the age should be lowered BUT I am also immensely grateful for the NHS and all it does for us.
- A quick coffee break with one of my ‘mum friends’ – sitting in the sunshine, freezing our butts off, laughing until we cried and having the perfect 30 minute antidote to work stress #happymoments
And so those are a few little things that have made me smile this week – do head to their sites and join in 🙂