Baby essentials

Stocking up on Baby Essentials with Chemist 4 U

There’s no doubt about it – babies are expensive!

Luckily there are lots of baby essentials that can be stocked up in advance in order to help make money go further once your baby is here. Particularly as most people have reduced earnings due to maternity leave.

The team at Chemist 4 U offered me the chance to spend some money in their online pharmacy and so I used this as the perfect opportunity to stock up on some baby essentials.

I also restocked some gaps in our family first aid kit, which I’ll go into more detail on in another post.

Baby Essentials

Aside from the nappies and baby wipes there are lots of toiletries that babies get through quite quickly.

I loved that I could order these essentials online really easily – saves lugging big bottles home from the supermarket, especially as I like to buy them in bulk.

It was much more convenient and easier on my pregnant body (which is getting super heavy now!), to order them online and have them delivered!

Baby Essentials from Chemist 4 U

So what baby essentials did I pick up?

I love Johnson’s Baby products and used them when Lily was a baby, so decided to choose some.

My favourite has always been the Johnson’s Bedtime bathΒ – I love the lavender smell and it always soothed Lily as a baby. I picked up some of their talcum powder and regular baby bath too

Chemist 4 U had these products on special offer so I got a couple of bottles of each.

I’ve also heard great things about the Metanium nappy rash ointment.

Lily didn’t ever get full on nappy rash but occasionally got a little sore (especially when teething) and this would have come in handy then.

Chemist 4 U Thermometer

I like having a digitalΒ thermometer on hand just incase – this one was really good value and has gone straight into our family first aid kit.

Not only is a thermometer useful to have around for a baby it’s also handy for the rest of the family too. I feel a lot better knowing we have one to hand.

Baby Essentials Sudocreme

Another baby essential I like to have to hand is Sudocrem – it’s a great barrier cream and has so many uses.

A word of caution though – keep it away from little hands as it’s almost IMPOSSIBLE to wash off when your baby coats themselves in it (I speak from experience!) haha!

There are a few other things I plan to pick up over the next few weeks in preparation and I’ll go through those in another post about stockpiling for the newborn days πŸ™‚

Non-Baby Essentials

Of course, being an online pharmacy, means that Chemist 4 U are also useful for stocking up on non-baby essentials.

I mentioned before that there were a few gaps in our family first aid kit that I filled using their online site.

Non Baby Essentials from Chemist 4 U

I try to keep our first aid kit well stocked for all potential emergencies. You never know what bit of kit you may need, plus my husband is a bit of a prepper too so likes having lots of surplus!

Luckily Chemist 4 U had a great range to choose from and so I picked up plasters, crepe bandage, Germolene, Anthisan sting cream and some paracetamol.

These are all essentials that we have used up in the past few months.

The great thing about being able to order them online was that I could have our first aid kit open next to me and double check what we already had stocked.

I hate wasting money and so this meant that I only picked up things we actually needed.

One of the things I noticed when browsing the Chemist 4 U site was that you could order prescriptions online from there too.

I can imagine that being incredibly helpful – I hate having to spend time queuing at the pharmacy.

I’ve lost count of the number of lunch breaks I’ve wasted trying to pick up prescriptions.

There’s even an online pharmacist service so you can speak to a qualified pharmacist and get medical advice.

I’ve not used that service but I definitely think it’s about time that such a thing was available! You can get pretty much anything online now so it makes perfect sense.

What baby essentials do you think are a good idea to stock up on? Would you benefit from using an online service?

This post was in collaboration with Chemist 4 U. All opinions are my own.

Stocking up on Baby Essentials

Mudpie Fridays
Spread the love

• Reply Mandi March 14, 2018 at 10:42 am

Johnsons and Sudocrem are a must! I find it is so essential to have a thermometer too and Calpol!

• Reply bettertogetherhome March 14, 2018 at 11:06 am

Oh yes we always have calpol in the house – just incase! x

• Reply mummy here and there March 14, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Sudo cream and penatham were my musts when the boys were little as they both suffered frequently with baby rash X #bloggerclubuk

• Reply bettertogetherhome March 14, 2018 at 12:16 pm

We used sudocrem at every change with Lily just to try preventing it – I’m keeping well stocked this time round too πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Sim @ Simslife March 14, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Sudocrem is an absolute must! I stocked up on so many things when Liv was a baby and used less than half – but when you find a miracle product, definitely stock up on it! Sim x

• Reply Helen March 14, 2018 at 1:36 pm

Sudocrem is an essential here too – so versatile and I often find myself using it!

• Reply bettertogetherhome March 14, 2018 at 2:55 pm

Same! It’s great if you have dry skin or an irritation too x

• Reply Cath - BattleMum March 14, 2018 at 6:52 pm

I stocked up on nappies, wipes and barrier cream too, although I didn’t use much Sudocrem as I opted for Bepanthen. I’ve used Chemist 4 U to get some things delivered to us in Portugal. They’re very handy!

• Reply bettertogetherhome March 14, 2018 at 7:39 pm

The delivery was really useful! I’ve stocked up on wipes and newborn size nappies. Going to stock up on household stuff too! x

• Reply Cardiff Mummy Says - Cathryn March 14, 2018 at 7:08 pm

Online ordering and home delivery is totally the way forward when you have little ones. Makes life soooo much easier! Great to be stocked up before the baby arrives too. Xx

• Reply bettertogetherhome March 14, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Definitely! I’m a big fan of anything that makes life easier whilst pregnant or with little ones! xx

• Reply Anosa March 14, 2018 at 7:12 pm

As we kid we went through sudo cream like water, I need to check out this online store and see what I can stock up on too

• Reply bettertogetherhome March 14, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Same! We use it a lot as a family. πŸ™‚

• Reply Joanna Bayford March 14, 2018 at 11:02 pm

That Johnson’s bed time bath is a must have for us! We also swear by sudo cream and my mum use to use it with both me and my sister’s as babies so it was a no brainer to use it on my son.

• Reply Kerry Norris March 15, 2018 at 6:18 am

I’ve not heard of chemist for you before. I stocked up on lots of baby toiletries whenever I saw them on offer. We loved using the Johnsons bed time bath too. It was part of their every day bed time routine x

• Reply Sonia Cave March 15, 2018 at 8:56 am

This sounds like a really good service. Anthisan is my top thing which is always in my bag as it treats so many things!

• Reply Talya March 15, 2018 at 9:18 am

Sudocrem and Johnsons products have to be the ultimate baby essentials and a thermometer definitely!!!

• Reply Newcastle Family Life March 15, 2018 at 10:16 am

It sounds like you stocked up on lots of essentials, I used to love the Johnsons stuff when mine were little. x

• Reply fashionandstylepolice March 15, 2018 at 10:35 am

Baby stuff are so expensive and most of them are essentials. I remember when I was pregnant, I couldn’t stop shopping. I was expecting twins and there were a lot of items to buy.

• Reply Sophie's Nursery March 15, 2018 at 10:59 am

I’ve not heard of this chemist before, but it sounds incredibly convenient! Having just had a baby we are well stocked up, but we had to go out to buy the items – this way sounds much easier! x

• Reply Kara March 15, 2018 at 3:09 pm

Metanium is a must for treating sore bottoms. Can never have enough baby wipes either

• Reply Claire March 15, 2018 at 4:48 pm

I remember these days well. These were always my essentials items back then too πŸ™‚

• Reply Michelle Kellogg March 15, 2018 at 5:28 pm

It’s always good to stock up on baby stuff as soon as you can and whenever you can. I remember those days and how I always bought these things as much as possible because you run out so fast.

• Reply Cathy Glynn March 15, 2018 at 7:28 pm

I used pots of sudocrem, definitely my go to pot for solving many issues.

• Reply Beth @ March 15, 2018 at 7:41 pm

I much prefer ordering online. I’m not really a shopping kind of person so this is a fantastic service. I’m particularly interested in finding out more about their prescription service. πŸ™‚

• Reply Jen March 15, 2018 at 9:04 pm

I buy everything online these days! I swear by Sudocrem, it’s brilliant for so many skin irritations.

• Reply Laura - Dear Bear and Beany March 15, 2018 at 9:28 pm

My girls are a bit older, but we still use Johnsons and Sudacream!

• Reply AMY - All about a Mummy March 15, 2018 at 11:57 pm

My eldest covers my Mother in Laws sofa I Sudocrem once. The look of horror on my face was a picture. Took me forever to clean it up and I can still see remnants of it 6yrs later! So definitely agree keep it out of reach of little ones!

• Reply the frenchie mummy March 16, 2018 at 9:25 am

I really like this website. They have some good essentials on here as you said πŸ™‚ It seems like you selected some key products here!

• Reply sarah nichols March 16, 2018 at 12:16 pm

ooo could of done with a list like this during my pregnancy or once the kids were born, would of been a huge help. Sudocrem does have so many uses, I swear by it.

• Reply Stephanie March 16, 2018 at 9:50 pm

Great items from here, got everything you need! Sudocream us so useful isn’t it

• Reply Mum OverRun. Sarah Aslett March 20, 2018 at 12:36 pm